First, let’s agree to disagree. One freelance website can be an ideal workplace for you but at the same time, it may not work for me.
So, let’s come up with a list of the most important characteristics a freelance website has to have to be considered the best. This means that the biggest freelance platforms with the millions of users aren’t necessarily the best ones.
The size just couldn’t possibly matter less in the freelance world.
Here are the things, I consider to be the most important for freelancers when choosing where the work:
- What’s a freelance website’s fee?
- Do you have to pay a monthly membership fee?
- Is there a limit how many times you can bid?
- Do you have to pay if you want to submit additional bids?
- How long do you have to wait to get paid?
- What payment withdrawal methods are available?
- What are the requirements for the new freelancers in terms of acceptance and verification?
- Can you associate the third-party links to your freelance account?
Believe me, when I say, I used to work on every single freelance website you can possibly imagine.
It turned out that the newest and smallest one is my perfect match. The name of this new freelance website is goLance. Now, allow me to challenge it against the previous questions:
- This freelance website has a flat 7.95% fee.
- There’s NO monthly membership fee.
- There are NO limits of any kind how many times you can bid.
- You don’t have to pay for additional bids or connects if you want to submit additional proposals.
- Usually, you have to wait from 2 to 3 weeks to get paid, but that’s not the case on goLance thanks to their Payday Advance option. Thanks to it, you can get paid the very next week after you submit your work. Meaning, there’s no review period.
- Almost all payment withdrawal methods I could possibly think of are available on this freelance website.
- There are no restrictions for new freelancers. Meaning, you don’t have to worry that your application will be rejected because there are too many freelancers with a similar skill set. Sounds familiar?
- Usually, other freelance platforms don’t allow you to use social media accounts on your profile. They’re afraid that you may take the work outside the platform. That’s not the case here. You are free to do whatever you like.
Now, you understand why I think this is the best freelance website for me. Can it be the best for you? Well, there’s only one way to know for sure. You have to try it for yourself.